Author Topic: Cuttercon 2017  (Read 383 times)

Quethel

• Administrator
  • Keg Meister
Cuttercon 2017
« on: May 05, 2017, 02:54:34 pm »
Little late with the planning on this but I figured there's still time. I know a lot of people have things going on this year (new babies, new house, etc) so I'm not expecting a high turnout. This is more for gauging interest before we start any actual planning. So if you'd like to get together this year, let me know, and we'll figure it out from there.
Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence.

Quethel

• Administrator
  • Keg Meister
Re: Cuttercon 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 11:05:02 am »
I got a response from one person who really only has the weekend of the 19th of August. So think dates somewhere around the 17th-21st of August. If that date works for people, then we move on to deciding what we're actually going to do. With everything it seems everyone has going on, I'm thinking some kind of repeat of last year is simplest. Please let me know.
Are you afraid? What is it you fear? The end of your trivial existence? When the history of my glory is written, your species shall only be a footnote to my magnificence.

Arghem

• WoW Council
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »
I'd be up for a repeat of last year on that weekend.  Or we could do something in Oregon if that would attract more PNW folks.  The eclipse has driven prices up some but I still see places on the coast with good sized gaming tables and room for 12-15 people.

Arghem

• WoW Council
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 02:19:52 pm »
If it is in the PNW area I can see a couple options.  One would be the Oregon Coast.  For example:

https://www.vrbo.com/659666

Another would be a cabin in the Mt Rainier area that would be a bit more reasonable drive for anyone coming from Seattle.  For example:

https://www.vrbo.com/257461

Just some food for thought if people are interested.

Bellofici

• DAOC Members
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 07:11:43 pm »
Oregon coast would be hard for me to not come, though I have some travel the following week and so would only be able to head down for the weekend. I'll see if I can grab Klag and we'll head down maybe on that Friday.
We anti violent, anyone says different, I'll bust a cap in their ass.

Sictor

• Administrator
  • Keg Meister
  • Supreme Jerk
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »
I know I've stated it in IRC, but yeah, I'm down. Something that was noted by my parents (who live in Portland) is that rental costs are going through the roof for that weekend because on the 21st, the eclipse is occurring, and Portland isn't in the 'totality' but it's a great spot to stay and go a bit south to see the totality of the solar eclipse. I can only imagine prices are going to go up, so I don't want to rush things, but the sooner the better for cabin selection.

Sictor

AKA Yohaan
Relapsed WoW addict, and fishing trainer mangler.

Industry

• WoW Member
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 09:30:19 am »
Unfortunately I have a trip that exact weekend out in Wisconsin, so will not be able to make it this year  :(.
SAM: What's new, Normie? NORM: Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer.

BrotherKyle

• WoW Member
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 08:08:21 pm »
I'm in.  I can ferry at least two people from Portland to wherever we go if needed.
De kost gaat voor de baat uit...

Sictor

• Administrator
  • Keg Meister
  • Supreme Jerk
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 04:14:16 pm »
Ok. As an update, I have purchased plane tickets. Here is my flight itinerary:
Fly in to Portland 8/17/17 8pm

I'm there for the next 10 days. I can probably stay at a cabin over the weekend, leaving Tuesday morning at the latest back to family in Portland. I can Cabin 17th (evening) ->  22nd (morning) I can set aside for cuttercon; or 18th ->21st or whatever will work out best for everyone. I'm flexible.
I fly out on the 27th, but have family gatherings to attend and a wedding to head to, so after the 22nd I'll be more scarce.

Sictor

AKA Yohaan

Arghem

• WoW Council
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 09:06:19 am »
Since it's the eclipse weekend things are fairly booked up.  We'll need to move quickly so please give feedback this week.

I'm not seeing any good cabin options for a group our size in the Rainer/St. Helens/Hood area.  I do see several on the Oregon coast that would work like these:

https://www.vrbo.com/674550

https://www.vrbo.com/697676

These both seem to have sizable gaming tables.  I plan to pull the trigger on a reservation late this week so please speak up and ping those you know who are interested in case they don't see this post.  Feel free to make recommendations if you find a good option I missed.

Sictor

• Administrator
  • Keg Meister
  • Supreme Jerk
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 09:22:36 am »
To me, the Great Road's End (674550) seems by far the better house. Looks better, has better beds, has a pool table, better hot tub. I vote for that one. Looks pretty great!

Since it's the eclipse weekend things are fairly booked up.  We'll need to move quickly so please give feedback this week.

I'm not seeing any good cabin options for a group our size in the Rainer/St. Helens/Hood area.  I do see several on the Oregon coast that would work like these:

https://www.vrbo.com/674550

https://www.vrbo.com/697676

These both seem to have sizable gaming tables.  I plan to pull the trigger on a reservation late this week so please speak up and ping those you know who are interested in case they don't see this post.  Feel free to make recommendations if you find a good option I missed.
Sictor

AKA Yohaan

Arghem

• WoW Council
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 03:04:57 pm »
So I've booked the Road's End place from August 17th-21st Thursday-Monday.  This means folks can stay and see the eclipse totality at 10am if they want.  Assuming there aren't clouds.  Right now we have a rough head count of 9 and the place should sleep 12 easily (14 with the couch) so room for a few more if anyone is thinking about coming.   I know BK and I will be around to shuttle people from PDX if needed so let us know your plans.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:08:08 pm by Arghem »

Hurtdog

• Global Moderator
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2017, 08:54:31 am »
Wait, this is going to be local this year? I need to take a look at where you booked I guess, but I'm in.

Hurtdog

• Global Moderator
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 09:01:47 am »
Lincoln City is doable, I'll come down from Seattle land.

Arghem

• WoW Council
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2017, 11:01:16 am »
Some logistical details:

Check in time is 4pm Thursday.  Checkout is 11am Monday.  If you're leaving Sunday, that's fine we should still be able to get you back to PDX as not everyone is staying to Monday.