Author Topic: Does anyone still play this game?  (Read 2583 times)

Ikilu

• WoW Member
  • Stein Hoister
Does anyone still play this game?
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:00:13 pm »
Once upon a time I was a member of the much-acclaimed Stonecutters.  I got nostalgic and redownloaded the game and paid for a month's subscription.  Just curious if anyone I remember from like 6 years ago was still around.

Vulture

• Forum Necromancer
  • WoW Tappers
  • Keg Tapper
    • Squid.org
Re: Does anyone still play this game?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »
Arghem mentioned in IRC that someone posted in here. :-)

<3 I don't play much but my account is still paid up for another 3 months.  I'm total casual garbage.
Judyo is still in SC and sounds like he is playing a lot -- I got sorted into his group on a random dungeon, the first one I ran in months. ;P
Iktahg is also playing and pulled me into <Virtual Insanity> but we haven't talked recently.  Not a whole lot of folks left that I know in the game. :|

Ikilu

• WoW Member
  • Stein Hoister
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 11:55:25 pm »
Vulture!!!!!!!  So when I first logged back in, I couldn't remember what realm we were on and couldn't find my characters so I thought they got deleted.  But that's all sorted now though.  I'm suuuuuuuper overwhelmed.  I had no idea where I was supposed to be adventuring.  Also, the gameplay mechanics are incredibly simplified now.  No glyphs? No talent trees?  Wtf???  I hardly remember how to play anyway.  I'm just doing story stuff in Pandaria at the moment.  I paid up for a month, we'll see if I renew after that.  This game has a way of making you nostalgic for the good ole days of BC and Wrath.  Good times.  I'm still in Stonecutters in game though but when I logged on the other day I was by my lonesome.  Maybe I'll see you online sometime.

Wodun

• Keg Meister
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 12:21:02 am »
I still play never but wtf is this business? WoW tokens? http://www.wowhead.com/wow-token-battlenet-balance-guide

So you buy a token with RL $$ or can buy it on the AH? And they sell for about 90k on the AH? https://wowtoken.info/

Can you buy expansions with in-game gold now through tokens?

Looks like Bliz sets the price, not the market. Bastages should set it lower to really undercut the gold sellers lol.

"You can't make footprints in the sands of time if you are sitting on your ass, and who wants to make assprints in the sands of time?"

MimiX

• Keg Tapper
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:33:09 pm »
Accidentally stumbled across an old screenshot containing the SC URL. Tried it, then had to recover my very old account. Oh how we've all aged, seemingly overnight :)

Saffire

• WoW Member
  • Keg Meister
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 03:32:52 pm »
I re-upped my subscription, downloaded the latest gameS, and bought a new computer.  It's been a long time!  Getting used to the game again.  I saw Judyo online the other night.  Hope to see others sometime soon!   ;D 

Naughtdaface

• Stein Hoister
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2018, 05:25:25 pm »
Azendra and I are considering playing again. Just bought the latest and one month subscription. I've forgotten everything......

Judyo

• WoW Member
  • Keg Tapper
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 01:03:03 pm »
I've never stopped, although with long gaps, and only leveling alts and running 5-mans.
Judyo - Druid (resto)

Sictor

• Administrator
  • Keg Meister
  • Supreme Jerk
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 06:45:11 am »
Alas, life is far too busy for playing WoW. I've been retired from it for years and haven't played since cataclysm I think. Do miss the playing days and everyone though!

Sictor

AKA Yohaan
Relapsed WoW addict, and fishing trainer mangler.

Thar

• WoW Member
  • Keg Tapper
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 10:02:21 am »
I log in every expansion and play for a month or two then stop till the next one comes out. I do miss the good old days. We had a great group.