As a member of the Stonecutters Guild, you must represent Stonecutters in a positive way. The tag that you wear is an honor, and one person’s actions can reflect poorly on the entire guild. Any member of the guild who is leaving, or going to be inactive, should let an officer know out of respect for the guild.
Respectful Actions that Stonecutters Perform:
- Always treat all members of Stonecutters with respect.
- Treat all non-Stonecutters, allies, and friends with respect at all times.
- Refrain from arguments on general or trade chat.
- If a fellow guild member or ally needs a resurrection, stop and resurrect him/her.
- Roll greed on items that they don’t intend to use.
- Always be respectful in voice chat (Mumble) and in IRC. (More below)
Actions that a Stonecutter Should Never DO:
These next actions are frowned upon heavily by the guild, and are grounds for immediate removal.
- Spamming – No Stonecutter should ever spam (send repetitive messages over and over again) guild/group/alliance/send chat, another player, another group, or anything other form of chat not mentioned here.
- Scamming – No Stonecutter should ever scam or rip off another person. Meaning you should never trick someone, pretend you didn’t get the drop, or not pay the amount you previously agreed upon.
- Cheating – No Stonecutter should request a crack/hack or cheat in anyway. Cheating is against the spirit of the game and takes fun out of the game for others.
- Training – No Stonecutter should train monsters onto another player or group of players.
- Harassment – No Stonecutter should harass a guild member or other player in or out of the game.
Mumble and IRC Code of Conduct:
Following are also ground for removal.
- Never blow up and scream at people in voice chat or IRC for any reason.
- During Raids / Large events, please do not fill the channel with idle chatter.
- If you are in a group, please use group channels and not the public lobby.
- Mumble is shared by mutual friends of the Stonecutters. Also used by Stonecutters playing in several different games. Do not presume your game has anymore rights and thus more say then any of the other channels. Do not disrepect anyone in any of the channels on the voice chat server.
How much we don’t like installing rules, we do want to ensure that every member of the stonecutter guild has the opportunity to enjoy their online experience without limiting someone else’s opportunity to also have fun.
To verify that new recruits have read our code of conduct they will be asked a question that can only be answered by reading the quotes below.
Quotes from Simpons:
Homer: There’s your giraffe, little girl.
Ralph Wiggum: I’m a boy.
Homer: That’s the spirit. Never give up.
Homer: [Meeting Aliens] Please don’t eat me! I have a wife and kids. Eat them!
Homer: I’m normally not a praying man, but if you’re up there, please save me Superman.
Homer: Lisa, Vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos.